Monday, January 30, 2017

10,000 Reasons To Be Thankful

Almost one full week past surgery date, the news we got today from Dr. Kent is that all three lymph nodes removed for biopsy during the surgery are clear of cancer cells.  Although I have to see an oncologist to make the official ruling about chemotherapy, we do not anticipate anything but concurrence from her about this report.

And since all the personality-enhancing drugs are gone from my system, I got my posting privileges back!  

You'll be glad to know that I am a newly-certified expert on ridding cats from your hospital room should you have the same feline invasion that I did.  I am only dependable (reportedly) to tell half of a great story without interrupting it for a quick nap.  I've elevated at least one of my friends to the status of dear friend after subjecting him to a bout of sudden puking.

Wednesday's checkup with Dr. Habash, the plastic surgeon, will hopefully rid me of the drain tube in my largest incision.  It will also relieve Lawton of constantly asking "where you goin'?" every time I try to stand up without help.  It's a good thing Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!

I'm counting the meals, visits, cards, calls, emails, hugs and prayers...and I truly do have 10,000 reasons to be thankful.  About 1,000 of those reasons are bundled up in my stalwart, patient, constant, kind, loving husband.  Where, oh where, would I be if life brought me cancer before God brought me you?

10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) - David Wesley






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: (Please include your name.)