Saturday, January 21, 2017

Systems Check In Progress

Friday seemed like a milestone.  I straightened my desk and packed what I would need to help me keep up with ongoing projects that can't be put on hold. I hugged the friends I won't see for a few weeks and left the building.  It was a relief to know I can focus now on the battle at hand instead of what needs to be organized, scheduled, finished or delegated.  I burned up a lot of energy worrying about things that, in reality, will go right on happening in capable hands.

It's hard to know what's the most important thing to chronicle here.  You can't begin to imagine the concern and prayers we've been blanketed with over the last few weeks.  Cards, hugs, survival stories, prayers from friends & family, prayers from complete strangers (until now), prayers from far away and close to home.  If every person who says they are praying for us really does it, I believe the doors to the Throneroom are rattling like there's an earthquake.

I have some of the prettiest new pajamas I've EVER owned (thank you, Cori and Carron).  I have a tiny new recliner to sleep in after the hospital stay, and when I came home from running errands today, there were pink ribbons on my neighbors' trees all the way down our block.  Pink bands around mailboxes.  Pink ribbons on our trees & mailbox.  We are indescribably blessed to live among such wonderful people.

My boss, who is first and foremost my dear friend, never blinked at all the times I ducked out for a doctor's appointment...and there have been a ton of them.  She trusts me not to leave her hanging, and I work hard to honor her trust! Amy Wood has been my friend for 25 years.  We have survived sick babies, ill-timed, stressful moves, deaths, divorces and various insecurities of life.  And she will help see me through this one as she has done many times before.

I got my "marching orders" when I registered yesterday at Baylor Scott & White Fort Worth and gave up another couple of vials of blood.  I know where to go first and what will happen once I get there (if we can keep our eyes open at the 5 a.m. arrival time).  Surgery is set for 7 a.m. and should take about 5 hours between the two surgeons.  I'll stay for 2 or 3 nights.

I'm not afraid of the outcome of this ordeal.  I dread the journey, but I trust that God's promise to Jacob in Isaiah 43:1-2 is also meant for me.

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel, Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you. For I am the Lord your God..."

Only one more pre-op visit on Monday.

5 a.m. Tuesday can't get here soon enough.

Trust in You - Lauren Daigle




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment: (Please include your name.)